Thursday, September 17, 2009

Back to Work

Well, I am back to work at school.

As much as I love summer vacation, winter vacation, spring break, every pro d day, extra days off work, I have to admit that there is something I like about having a more structured day. I think it's the rabid list maker and checker offer in me that it appeals to. Also without a real schedule, I tend to get unruly and get distracted from tasks by sparkly things and start projects on a whim and don't finish. Bad me.
I can even feel my cockles getting warm seeing some of my favourite kids again, just a little taller than the last time I saw them.
A bonus for me this year, is my new high tech, cushy chair...with wheels. It replaced my basic, plain wooden chair. I feel like a queen. Maybe even better. I don't think her throne can go 30 mph down the school hallway. No, I haven't tested this baby out in the corridor, but I can get a feel for it while rolling around my room, from desk to counter, to door, to desk, to counter, to cupboard, to desk....you get the idea.
This promises to be a bright shiny new year.
zzzzoooom

2 comments:

tkdesigns4u said...

I'm ashamed that this is the first time I've read your blog! But, I wish I had sooner, because you are soooo funny! I've been sitting here laughing at everything you've written, plus the animal pictures on the side! My dog thinks I'm crazy! Now I know where to come when I need to smile, or... maybe a good laugh! Thanks for letting us get to know you! It's been very enjoyable!
Tracey

SavageBabble said...

Aww thank you, I appreciate it. I really have to make time to blog more.