Saturday, April 5, 2008

Morning, Oh Joy.

I wrote about this "animals and morning" thing last year, and am finding it is happening again this year.

The time of year when my cat starts to think she's a frickin' rooster.

At precicely 5:55 she starts walking up and down the hall outside my bedroom door, meowing.

I lobbed Tums and cough candies and anything else I could find in my nightstand drawer at her, but she just thought it was a demented form of dodgeball, and kept meowing. My eyes were still half closed and I didn't have my contacts in, so the missles didn't actually make contact. That may have been why she didn't run away.

During the week it isn't a problem, the alarm goes off about that time anyways. But last night (Friday) I put a bunch of marshmallows in my drawer and when she started up this morning, I was more prepared. Or so I thought. I forgot about the dog. I have a very lazy assed dog that usually sleeps in until 9:00 or so, but the smell of marshmallows flying through the air, aimed at the cat, woke her up and she started intercepting and eating my marshmallow ammunition before it reached the intended target. When she devoured it all, she started licking me.
My husband could sleep through all this. There will be no sleeping in for me.

Oddly enough, the rooster that lives across the field, doesn't start crowing until about 1:30 in the afternoon.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Now that is funny.

Maybe it's because misery loves company, and since I'm a purple-hued zombie 24/7 it makes me giggle to know that someone else has missed out on sleep's healing effects, too.

I used to have a cat who did the same thing. You are nicer than me, though. I kept quarters by the bed.

How is it that the rooster is lazier than the dog???

xox
Diana

SavageBabble said...

I have a soft spot for zombies.

..and that that is a good question.
It's a cocky city rooster, probably partying till all hours of the night.

Mary said...

I enjoy reading your blog! I hope you don't mind but you've been tagged! Go to my blog to get your questions so everyone will know a bit more about you and enjoy your art as much as I do! Mary