Monday, April 14, 2008

Painting a Memory Box

I recently had a friend of mine, request a box made for her friend that had recently lost a beloved dog. She wanted this dog and the man's two other dogs on one box.

I was given a photo with three dogs (not sitting right beside each other) and from that I drew a picture of them close together.

I then transferred the picture on to a simple wooden box.


Then I painted in the large areas and began to start the detail.
Then I filled in the requested background colour and finished up the details.


Finally, I worked on a fitting border, (huskies, sleigh) and put several coats of varnish and sanding it between coats.


These boxes can be used for anything, but I have heard people say they put in a few favourite pictures, a collar or dog tags, and then keep it somewhere they can always be reminded of their special friend.

No comments: