Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday is shopping day

The wheels on the cart go round and stop, round and stop, round and stop.
The wheel on the cart go lock and slide, and turn hard to the left.

Seriously, I know they must keep the good buggies locked in the managers office for celebrities and the biggest spenders. because they are never outside in the buggy train when I go to get one. I always end up with one that has wonky wheels. AND you can't always tell right away. Sometimes it isn't until you get a bit of weight in your cart that the wheels start to squeek or lock or turn hard in one direction so you have a hard time not crashing into the displays.
This is not good.
Especially for someone like me that has been know to accidentally twist tie a bag of apples to the cords of my hoodie and then have it jump out of the cart and hang down in front of me when my husband started to push the cart away. Oh the humanity.
The other supermarket gripe I have is that they don't have those mechanical horsies for the kids to ride, out front anymore. I loved watching kids ride those things..the pure joy on their faces, and the slightly older kids trying to be cooler and not smile so much, even though you can tell they love it. Kids don't get those little things like we used to. (I know they usually get spoiled much, much more). I guess that's a rant for another day.

No comments: